One more recipe just perfect as an appetizer or for a picnic !
For the breads :
- 600g of plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of active dry yeast
- 50g of olive oil
- 10g of salt
- 400mL of water
- one pinch of sugar
Pour the fillings :
- 250-300g of rillettes (Here I used chicken rillettes)
- some rocket/arugula leaves
- 15 cL of liquid cream (the one you use to make chantilly)
- 150g de goat cheese but the fromage frais kind
- some fresh basil leaves
- 1 jar of dried tomatoes
For the mini sandwich breads :
– Mix the yeast with warm (not hot) water and the pinch of sugar and let it rest for about 10min (it’ll start to bubble)
– Pour the flour, the olive oil and the salt in a bowl
– Add the water and yeast in the bowl and stir with a wooden spoon
The dough is more elastic and sticky than a regular bread dough, you need to knead it to make the dough less sticky but it will stay a bit !
– Put the dough in a warm area for about 30min
– Cut the dough with a knife (never with your hands !!!) in two and spread it on baking trays (don’t forget to put cooking sheets on it) with your hands
– Put the baking trays in a warm area for about 1h
– Preheat the oven at 250°C
– Dust the baking trays with flour and cut the dough in small rectangles with a knife (I did 65 small breads with my two baking trays and I spread them on 3 baking trays to not have them stick together)
– Lower the oven at 210°C and put the baking trays in the oven, with a small container filled with water on the bottom of the oven (it will help to have a crust really cripsy!), for about 15-20min. The breads need to be golden but not brown.
For the goat cheese mousse :
– Beat the cream until you reach a chantilly texture (for that don’t hesitate to put the bowl and the wisk in the freezer and use a cream really cold)
– In a bowl, crush the cheese with minced basil and put it in the whipped cream. Put this in a piping bag and put it in the fridge for at least 2h
Put the ingredients together :
– Divide the breads in two and cut them lengthwise (but only on one side, I don’t know if I’m really clear)
– In half part of the breads spread some rillettes and 2-3 of rocket leaves
– In the other half part, thanks to the piping bag, fill the breads and put some dried tomatoes (cut in small pieces)
Bon appétit !
The freshness and pepper taste of the rocket go really well with the rillettes (which are, let’s say that, really fat !) and the combinaison between the goat cheese, the basil and the dried tomatoes make you feel the summer and the mousse texture gives some lightness !