So tasty with the curry and so crispy with the filo dough !
- Filo dough sheets (you can use brick pastry sheets, I prefer filo dough as I feel more crispy for me)
- 500g of ground beef
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder (adjust to your taste, personally I prefer madras curry, more hot than the regular one)
- 2 teaspoons of granulated garlic
- salt, pepper
- oil for cooking
– Slice thinly the onion and cook it in some oil
– When the onion is brown, add the carrot diced finely and let it cook for a few minutes
– Add the meat, the curry powder, the granulated garlic and season with some salt and pepper
I don’t know if it is ever happened to you before, but sometimes, I find than the curry flavour is too much in a dish, by adding granulated garlic it makes the flavours really balanced.
– When the meat is cooked enough, stop the heat and let it cool in order to fold the samosas
– Shaping the samosas in triangle (I cut a filo dough sheet in three strips)
– Cook the samosas
I like to do a double cooking for my samosas. When I fry them I find them too fat and when I bake them I find them not fat enough… So that means I fry them in a pan and then I bake them (for about 5min at 180°C) like this they will be really crispies and they will lose a little of their fat.