A recipe to enjoy on your sofa, with a blanket, a hot chocolate and a good movie ! The banana and pecan nut association is really good, it is smelling autumn.
Morever, this recipe help you to use the bananas that are over ripe. Usually when I see that I start to have too many bananas turning black, I peel them, cut them in half and put them in the freezer, like this I can take whenever I want half banana for a smoothie or 2 bananas for a banana bread !
Ingredients for 12 mini banana breads:
- 2 bananas very ripe
- 80g of butter
- 2 eggs
- 80g of yogurt (I used greek yogurt but any yogurt would work)
- 100g of brown sugar (I used Demerara sugar)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 250g of plain flour
- 2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 100g of pecan nuts + 75g of sugar
- Preheat the oven at 180°C
- Break the pecan nuts in small pieces (between 4 and 6 pieces by half nut, it can be done by hand or with a knife)
- In a nonstick pan, heat the pecan nut pieces few minutes on high heat and add 75g of sugar, stir well to coat the nuts, be careful to not burn the caramel. When the nuts are caramelised, spread them on baking paper to let them cool without sticking all together
- Mix (with a food processor) bananas and melted butter
- Add eggs, yogurt and sugar, mix well
- Finally add flour and baking soda, mix well
- Add the caramelised nuts
- Fill each mould (I use paper case, it is easier to remove from the mould and to store) and bake them for about 25min (insert a knife to check if it is cook enough, it should come out clean)
Bon appétit !
Now you can enjoy these cakes with a nice hot chocolate. They keep well for few days in a airtight container, it is also really nice for breakfast. They are even better when they are still a bit warm !