A new recipe perfect for the afternoon snack.
I tried to make a cookie recipe using only egg yolks in order to make an egg whites stock. I don’t know about you , but when I want to make macarons, financiers, meringue based dessert or whatever, I never know what to do with the yolks and I hate wasting food… So as soon as I do a mayonnaise or a recipe that uses egg yolk, I put directly the egg white in the freezer ! It is really stable, handy and it is even easier to whip ! This recipe will give you 3 egg whites, it’s enough for a nice batch of macarons, I’m just saying ! Sooooooo, the recipe is very simple.
Ingredients for 24 cookies:
- 120g of soft butter (but not melted, put it at least 1h at room temperature)
- 120g of brown sugar (I used Demerara sugar)
- 3 egg yolks
- 200g of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 100g of chocolate chips
- 50g of praline in slivers (you can buy it ready to use or make it from scratch, the recipe is on the tiramisu article here)
- Preheat the oven at 180°C
- Mix the butter and the sugar roughly with the hand
- Add the egg yolks
- Add the flour and the baking soda
- Add the chocolate chips and the praline
(At each stage, try to not over knead the dough, otherwise the texture won’t be great after cooking)
- Shape balls (walnut size) and put them on a baking tray (with parchment paper)
- Press gently the dough to have 2 cm height disc
- Bake for 12-15min, until golden brown. Be careful, when they are still hot they are completely soft, they will become crunchy after cooling
Bon appétit !
We get extra crunchy cookies and the chocolate/praline combination is always working really well. When I did the recipe, I ate them with banana/pineapple/mango smoothie, it was perfect ! Hopefully for my body, I ate only few and I brought the rest to my colleagues, they didn’t last really long but I think they can keep well in a tin box (after two days the texture was exactly the same).